Perform all sales functions, process orders and develop and service assigned sales territory.
- Make telemarketing calls to customers and former customers on a daily basis to create sales and build relationships.
- Make telemarketing calls to prospects and leads for initial business.
- Take incoming sales calls for wholesale orders primarily, serve as back-up for incoming retail orders and then input those orders on computer.
- Schedule appointments with prospects and customers for sales associates’ and managers’ road trips.
- Serve as a back-up for any type of incoming calls when administrative employees are unable to answer the phone.
- Become proficient at using “ACT” (customer database) as a daily tool with regular updating of information after every call and scheduling future contacts and actions.
- Become proficient in entering orders on “MOM” (inventory control software) and provide customer service info to our customers.
- Become proficient with the Fredericksburg Farms fundraiser program and help process orders at the completion of a fundraising campaign. Be able to personally take on the role as that organization’s rep and facilitate the set-up and processing of their fundraiser campaign from start to finish.
- Periodically assist at sales events outside of the office, such as fundraising conventions, sales promotions, festivals, and in-store sampling.
- Offer new marketing/sales ideas/procedures to management to help grow the business and allow this office to become more effective, efficient, and profitable.
- Cross train in all other aspects of the company and be able to fill in as needed in the warehouse, kitchen, and manufacturing.
- Occasional deliveries to customers.
- Visit assigned in-state zones two to four times per year.
- This is initially a salaried position to allow the sales associate a reasonable amount of time to develop their sales area sufficiently to become commission paid. This will take at least 45 to 50 hours per week.
- Travel will be required in assigned zones.