This is the perfect salad for our fans who like to meal prep and pack their lunches in advance! The dressing made with our German Stone Ground Mustard is the perfect touch to bring out all the flavors of the salad ingredients!
1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined
Coconut oil (or bacon grease) to brush on grill
6-8 pieces of bacon, cooked and crumbled
3 large eggs, soft-boiled or hard-boiled (whatever you prefer)
3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 ripe avocado
5 oz of baby spinach (or your favorite salad mix)
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tsp Fredericksburg Farms German Stone Ground Mustard
3 tablespoons minced garlic
1/8 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1. Heat grill to high heat and brush with coconut oil or bacon grease. Sprinkle shrimp all over with salt and pepper.
2. Place shrimp in single layer and cook first side for 2 minutes. Flip and continue cooking second side for 2-3 minutes or shrimp is pink (or opaque). Remove from heat and set on plate to the side.
3. Assemble salad. Place greens in bowl then top with tomatoes, bacon, shrimp, avocado (diced), and egg.
4. In a medium bowl add remaining ingredients to make dressing, however you can also use a blender. Once all ingredients are added, whisk together until combined well.
5. Drizzle over salad just before eating. Enjoy!
Special thanks to our friend and loyal fan, Kristen Shuping. Kristen is a personal trainer, nutrition guru and a whiz in the kitchen! Thank you for sharing, Kristen! You can follow Kristen at https://www.facebook.com/upliftfitnessnavarre/ for more delicious and healthy recipes, encouragement and great at home work-outs!