Get ready to kick your taste buds into high gear with our Longhorn Dip, a fiesta-style spicy dip designed to take your chip-dipping experience to the next level. Packed with bold flavors and a zesty kick, this dip is your ticket to a flavor-packed fiesta!
Longhorns were brought by the Spanish via Mexico into Texas in the sixteenth century. After the Civil War there was an explosive increase in their population in Texas. Longhorns were driven slowly along the wide 'cattle trails' often taking two years to reach markets in the north east. After an extremely hard winter in 1885 and a severe blizzard in January of 1887 up to 85% of the breed was destroyed. In 1964 there were approximately 1,500 head of genuine Texas Longhorn cattle in existence. The longhorn is the mascot of the largest University System in Texas. Today due largely to the Texas Longhorn Breeders Association of America many ranches breed and sell this living symbol of the Old West.
Size: 1 oz (28g)
Ingredients: Onion*, Spices, Salt, Garlic*, Spice and Coloring, Chili Pepper, Sugar, and Soybean Oil (processing aid). *Dehydrated
Allergens: None; Soybean Oil is highly refined and is not considered an allergen.
The item(s) above are packaged in a facility where milk, soy, eggs, wheat, and tree nuts may be present.
- Crab-Stuffed Mushrooms
- Seared and Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Apricot-Ginger Preserves
- Tex-Mex Dove Carne Guisada
- Longhorn Shrimp Dip
- Dip: Add contents to 1 1/4 cups of sour cream and ¼ cup mayonnaise. Mix and let set refrigerated for 1 hour.
- Spread: Mix with 12 oz. cream cheese. Add 4 tablespoons of milk. Let mellow for at least 1 hour.
- Low-Fat: Mix with 1 ½ cup fat-free sour cream or 1 ¼ cup lite sour cream and ½ cup lite mayonnaise. Let mellow for at least 1 hour.
- Salad Dressing: Mix 1 cup buttermilk and 1 cup mayonnaise. Let mellow for at least 30 minutes.
- Rub: Sprinkle on chicken or steak and grill or bake as directed.
- Serving Suggestions: Tastes great on crackers, chips, pretzels, bagels. Add package of Longhorn Dip to 32 oz. of tomatoes and blend for salsa. Add prepared dip to cooked fettuccini for a creamy Southwest Pasta dish.