Mariposa Dill Dip
Mariposa is the Spanish word for butterfly. Texas is blessed with more butterfly species than any other state --approximately 430, compared with California's 250. We have a large monarch migration that comes through the Texas Hill Country in late September and October.
One of the favorite host plants for butterflies is dill. This culinary treat is considered an excellent source of food and the perfect host plant for the caterpillars. Butterflies lay their eggs on these host plants so their caterpillars will have a ready food source when they hatch.
The Fredericksburg Farms Mariposa Dill Dip has the spirit of the butterfly and the great taste of dill to make a great Texas combination. Knowing where you are going, how to prepare for the journey and the determination to reach your destination epitomizes the "Texas state of mind'.
Size: 1 oz (28g)
Ingredients: Onion*, Dill Weed, Sugar, Salt, Garlic*, and Spices.
Allergens: None. The item(s) above are packaged in a facility where milk, soy, eggs, wheat, and tree nuts may be present.
- Dilly Beer Bread
- Mariposa Coleslaw
- Mariposa Pimento Cheese Casserole
- Dip: Add Contents with 1 3/4 cups sour cream and ¼ cup mayonnaise. Let mellow at least 1 hour.
- Spread: Mix with 12 oz. cream cheese. Add 4 Tablespoons of milk. Let mellow at lease 1 hour.
- Low Fat: 1 ½ cup fat free sour cream or 1 ¼ cup lite sour cream and ½ cup lite mayonnaise. Let mellow at least 1 hour.
- Serving Suggestions: Tastes great on crackers, chips, pretzels, bagels. Add prepared dip to pasta for a creamy vegetable Pasta dish. Sprinkle over steamed vegetables.